Oversees residential real estate property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies; negotiating and enforcing leases and rent/security deposit payments; maintaining and securing premises with the assistance of onsite staff. Prospects for and secures new property management accounts to the benefits of the company’s financial and expansion goals.
• Up sell other FLPP services to tenants/landlords/neighbors, i.e. housekeeping, maintenance, real estate sales.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of rental market conditions, rates, and trends.
• Make recommendations pertaining to profit maximization and revenue growth.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of state and national landlord-tenant laws.
• Establish rental rate by surveying local rental rates and maintaining current knowledge of rental rates and housing availability in the area of operation.
• Attracts tenants by coordinating marketing efforts with FLPP’s marketing department; installing signage; advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; scheduling and showing of units to prospective tenants, ensuring rental applications are completed and performing credit, background and reference checks.
• Contracts with tenants by preparing leases with applicable addendum as required by NYS law; collecting security deposit.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; forecasting requirements; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintain a positive, productive relationship with tenants/landlords/neighbors/team members.
• Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant/landlord/neighbor issues; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and assisting in the scheduling and over site of repairs, renovations; cleaning, and landscaping and snow removal services.
• Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators of lease terms.
• Schedule, perform and oversee the inspections that occur before, during, and after lease term.
• Understand the proper process for eviction and overseeing the filing and court hearing, as well as the actual eviction of the tenant as needed.
• Prepare and submit security deposit release request forms, itemizing damages, cleaning, and outstanding rents as applicable.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Further the development of the department by identifying and prospecting for new property management accounts, cold calling, assisting marketing in preparing materials for mail, website, or social media advertising property management services, establish and maintain relationships with area realtors, business owners, and other sources for the purpose of generating leads for prospective tenants and landlords.
• Install, remove and maintain signage as required.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Assists with FLPP’s vacation rental management team as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 years or more of hands-on property management experience.