The Social Media Coordinator should be creative and proactive and have an interest in the fields of marketing and tourism with college courses or experience showcasing a background in digital marketing or communications, and possess strong writing skills. This position will help administer marketing initiatives to support Finger Lakes Premier Properties (FLPP) under the direction of the Marketing Manager. This position will focus 50% of time on marketing initiatives for the Real Estate Department of FLPP as outlined below. There will also be a strong dependence on this position to be a forward-thinker and creative social media coordinator for the company. The Marketing Coordinator must have strong attention to detail, proofreading abilities, ability to meet deadlines, and be a goal-oriented team player. This position relies heavily on experience, judgment and the ability to multi-task to accomplish goals.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
These duties can be performed with or without an accommodation:
• Follows a marketing communications plan aimed at increasing sales and measuring company performance.
• Collaborates with the marketing team on developing and executing a content and social media calendar.
• Ensures all marketing material is up-to-date and consistent with our brand guidelines and standards for FLPP.
• Assists with managing social media accounts on multiple platforms including developing creative content and videos to assist the company with achieving goals. This includes tracking engagement and SEO to optimize campaign content. Monitoring all social media content. Identifying and collaborating with key influencers. And staying current with social media trends and technologies to bring fresh ideas to the marketing team.
• Assists with website content management on FLPPlake.com
• Assists with monitoring and enhancing the online reputation of FLPP.
• Assists in publishing original content and distribution of blogs, newsletters, and press releases.
• Proofreads all marketing material for spelling, grammatical, and other errors.
• Maintains inventory of marketing materials for multiple departments.
• Designs brochures, flyers direct mail campaigns, and information displays, as needed.
• Researches new channels for relevance/trend identification to increase sales.
• Participates in company and community events to help promote FLPP.
• Assists in managing consistent company branding across all digital and print collateral.
• Stays current with both national and local hospitality and real estate trends
• Seeks new opportunities to acquire new leads for the business development departments.
• Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or business-related field.
• Previous experience working on and completing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Graphic design experience preferred.
• Experienced in managing business social media accounts and advertising.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Communication
• Personal Energy & Enthusiasm
• Results Focus
• Organizational skills
• Ethics, Integrity, Values
• Time Management
• Comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization individually or in groups
• Dynamic, creative, and self-driven with the ability to work well both with a team and independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
• Detail Orientation / Accuracy with written content, graphic design, and photography
• Must be able to use general office equipment and programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, and be proficient in the use of copiers, fax machines, and printers
• Valid driver’s license and eligibility to operate a company vehicle
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filling cabinets and fax machines. May involve travel to office locations and professional development.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands in a repetitive motion typing, reaching, grasping, and sitting.